Friday, August 08, 2008

Are we alike...

I have always tried to be politically correct.I have used rational ideas and logic to stand by my beliefs.On the one hand we have such high ideals that we propose and it would be a total different story when we have to act according to it.I have had the fortunate experience of working with people from different countries.My colleagues at work are from diverse backgrounds.They are from Pakistan,Ethiopia,China,Nepal,Mexico and America.When I talk to them and share experiences I don't feel the difference.We talk at how our cultures vary,but I guess the perspective matters.I try to learn a lot about their culture and initially there is some hesitation.The breakthrough for real good conversation and starting of good friendships occurs when the barriers of color and race are broken by human emotions.When my colleagues share their expectations,fears and joys I know they are exactly like me.Underneath our differences we are same.When we want to see similarity ..we see it everywhere..When we want to see differences...we see it everywhere...Our mind is a tool...we should try to use it in the right way.

No comments: