Saturday, July 29, 2006

The question I never asked??? 8th post 11.32AM

This post is inspired from one of the articles I read in the AID site..(www.aidindia.org)

It is my first day in my engineering college.I am excited for what life is going to offer.I see a old lady trying to sweep the whole corridor..I pass through as if she is invisible..Its second year ..I have to learn about the mechanics of electric machines..Its a tough course compared to all the other courses which I have taken..I see her trying to fill water ..in the buckets for washing few of the tiles near the sink.
As I sit in the examination hall ..semester after semester ..I answer all the tough questions asked by the professors.I see the woman sweeping the floor..there is a second in between when I have eye contact...I graduate ...
I get my degree in electrical engineering..I never learnt the most important thing in 4 years...
I forgot the human-ness ..I thought machines have life..I learnt the names of various machines but I forgot to ask the name of the old woman who served in my college for four years..I took the benefits of her service..but forgot to acknowledge her importance...

Cause this life is too short ..to live it just for you
But when you feel powerless what are you going to do
say what you want.....
nelly furtado

No comments: