Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dealing with Scum

The Avadhut said:

Hold not the immature, the credulous, the foolish, the slow, the layman and the fallen to have nothing good in them. They all teach something. Learn from them. Surely we do not give up a game although we have mastered it?


-Avadhut Gita

I guess we all get our share of scum in everyday life.
Why do we meet these people?

I feel sometimes there is something which is not resolved in me.That's manifests as anger towards these people.Its not the people or their life which generates dissatisfaction,may be its my expectation of goodness from everyone.I try to find a reason and a purpose behind everything.I guess it does not exist.May be pity or other strong emotions of empathy can cloud our judgment.But ultimately the true nature always shines through.We may close our eyes towards it....but it is still there.Kindness in all forms was my motto in dealing with such people.But I guess we all have a threshold and beyond which we cannot stretch our niceness.

No comments: