Sunday, June 20, 2010

What does Success Mean to You???

A very tough question to crack!!!!

Success is a multifaceted, personal concept. By defining what that concept represents to you personally, and by taking the time to write it down, you will automatically move your life in that direction.

Taken from http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/what-is-success/

I try to realize that I should not get threatened by other's priorities.From a very young age,I have seen people who shove their views about success upon others.As a undergraduate,I was told how being a software engineer was a mark of success.I was ostracized by well meaning adults who thought that, I was making the biggest mistake of my life not attending software job interviews.I am glad I followed my heart and did other things which fulfilled me as a individual.(Art,Astronomy,Music,Literature)
Many of my friends laughed at me when I spent hours pouring on books in British Library. But those experiences have made me a better person.My affirmations everyday used to be
"I wont make deals with the devil " ...."I wont sell my soul for pieces of paper."
It is so important in life to chalk down priorities which give us happiness.If you want to be financially stable,then it is necessary to write down a hard number which gives you a sense of security.
I dont say that it's going to be easy journey.But a hard look at yourself will save time from chasing the mirages which promise happiness.


No comments: