Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mind and Body Link...

I have never quite paid attention to the quiet impulses of my body.My mind goes through various highs and lows ,my body reacts to the various changes .I have never thought about the mind and body being connected.Our repressed attitudes and guilt come out in various ways and show themselves how much ever we try to hide.One way to correct this is personality development .But the drawback to this is if we dont do the inner work the discomfort which a particular emotion was causing us will
transform into a different disorder and torture us.
These psychosoamtic pains have no relief from painkillers.

Personally I have experienced lot of my emotions having an adverse effect on my health.The self denial has appeared in various forms.My own worry cycles and depressive phases have defined my body image.I gain more weight when I am sad.I stay ill for weeks sometimes when confrontations in life become difficult.The anxiety attacks have made me frozen ...
Awareness of who we are gives us a choice .I try to make healthy choices and dont let emotions run my life.I constructively decide and let food be a noursiher for my body and not attach any emotion to it.I somehow get this feeling sometimes that our body is not against us ...it has a capacity to regenerate and help us deal with all our setbacks...only if we knew..only if we were listening...

No comments: