Saturday, July 29, 2006

Divine Idol -8 Post No 31 11.15 PM


As she passes through the roads her soles start bleeding
She had to wait under the shade of huge trees
The only thing she possessed was the ivory idol
The travellers gave her food and the passer- by's threw coins
The songs of Mira bai capitivated everyone
Her devotion moved them to tears
A group of monks gave her a safforn cloth
She started singing and dancing to the trance of Krishna
The Vrindavan people were honored to have a saint among them
A temple was built for the saint Mira Bai ...

"With my tears,
I watered the creeper of love that I planted;
Now the creeper has grown spread all over,
and borne the fruit of bliss.
The churner of the milk churned with great love.
When I took out the butter,
no need to drink any buttermilk.
I came for the sake of love-devotion;
seeing the world, I wept. "

-Mirabai

No comments: