Friday, June 02, 2006

Write your own story...

few years back...I was reading this self help book which told how to handle terrible situations gracefully .There was this story about a shop keeper .I paraphrased it and have added details from my memory.I hope I have done enough justice.The story:::

As I enter the store I see there are various quotations which fill your mind with ever flowing enthusiasm.Its like a shrine of positive statements.My mind gets filled with pictures of his childhood ..his perfect parents,superb teachers,and all good stuff which at the end made him create so much goodness in his life.He was married with two kids"..the AMerican DReam.."".I told him how lucky he was that life has treated him well.He told me that his father was a alocohlic,mother a drug addict and had lived his entire childhood and teenage life in foster homes and orphanages.He joined the military and served there for many years .At the end ,there was too much suffering so he had come back to his hometown and wanted a fresh start and opened the store and got married.This is what he says::
" Its very easy to blame the past and accumlate hurt ..sometimes we have to write our very own story,change the ending however bad the beginning is..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty, i realised i can comment without registering also...:)
Great blog ra...touchy...
I don't think i'm in a very bad situation...but You know i've lost my yahoo...all my blogs,my frnds...but then am not disappointed no more...

Life does have miracles...for all of us!
Might look luscious from outside, but it might have the most saddest story hidden inside...

But still...Life goes on :)

astrocrazy2005 said...

smiles,
:):)thanx

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»